Wednesday, February 17, 2010

News from the Homefront

I hate having so many sites to look at that require passwords and usernames. I know, security. Don't remind me. Can't keep the same username/password combo for everything because everything you use can be compromised. Fair enough. I started keeping a written list. It's 3 pages in a spreadsheet format. It has writing over almost every bit of it in addition to the "site/username/password/security question/changed password" list. It's been used as a canvas for my kids' artwork (pencil scribbling). It's got addendums to the addendums. I don't have it completely updated. Then some of my sites were absorbed by other companies and I was supposed to merge info.
Oh.
My.
God.
People, I can't always remember to pay my bills on time. I'm the SAHM to two toddlers, my brain is mush on the best of days~please please please don't hit me with crap like this! I know, I know-it should make it easier to access multiple sites with one username/password. I just don't know which those sites ARE.

Luckily, I can start blogging again. Like anyone is interested, or like I'll keep it up to date.

It's as good a place as any to rant though.

2 comments:

  1. FWIW, I have a handful of passwords -- one that I use for all the catalog sites, one for communities (rav, weavolution, etc), and then a couple of separate ones for really critical places like my bank account. So if LLBean is hacked, they've got my Amazon account access, too, but I figure that's worth the risk. And because I use so few, they can be the supersecure, hard to remember letter-capital-number-symbol type ones. And even change them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete