Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Wheel, No Play!


So.  I ordered a new spinning wheel to replace my Joy.  The new one is an Ashford Traveller.  This one will allow me to use a jumbo flyer kit to make really heavy yarns and I'm super-excited about it!  She got here yesterday!!
This is a ganked pic from Ashford's website.  Mine is unfinished and probably will remain so throughout most of the summer.  I'm SURE that at some point I won't be able to spin, thereby freeing up the wheel for protecting.  I know, I know, I should have finished her while she was still in pieces!  Well, DH thought of that and didn't take all of the steps to "tighten her down" so to speak.  
I spun on her last night and have decided that she's enough of a replacement for my Joy that I can let her go.  I'm posting her on Rav first and if I don't get any takers, I'll put her up on Ebay.  
For now, though, I can't spin because DS won't let me.  He steals bobbins and stands on my feet while I'm treadling.  I have no excuse not to be picking up around the house, but you know I'm still trying to spin!  As for DH, I really hope he didn't expect to get the house clean after the Traveller got here :D

No comments:

Post a Comment